- Washer won't drain - Check for drain hose or pump filter blockages and clean them out.
- The machine won't spin - Check if the load is unbalanced and redistribute the items. Also, check the lid switch and motor coupler.
- The washer is leaking - Check for holes or tears in the door seal or drain hose and replace it if necessary.
- The machine is making strange noises - Check for loose items or coins in the drum, or worn-out bearings, belts, or pulleys.
- Clothes come out wrinkled - Make sure the load is not too large, and adjust the water level and spin speed settings.
- The washer won't start - Check the power source and make sure the machine is plugged in and turned on. Also, check the door latch and timer.
- The machine won't fill with water - Check the water supply valves and inlet screens for blockages.
- Clothes come out soapy or dirty - Use the correct amount and type of detergent and check for clogs in the detergent dispenser or pump.
- Washer smells bad - Clean the drum and gasket with vinegar and baking soda solution, and leave the door open after each use.
- The machine vibrates excessively - Check if the machine is level and adjust the legs if necessary. Also, check the suspension rods and springs.
10 Tips On How To Maintain A Washing Machine In Good Condition
- Clean the drum regularly with vinegar and baking soda to prevent the buildup of mildew and soap scum.
- After each use, leave the door or lid open to allow air to circulate and prevent mold growth.
- Wipe down the machine's exterior with a damp cloth to remove dirt and dust.
- Clean the detergent dispenser and lint filter at least once a month to prevent clogs and odors.
- Use the appropriate amount of detergent for your washer model and load size. Too many suds can lead to damage, so pay attention when you measure!
- Avoid overloading the machine, as it can strain the motor and cause unbalanced loads.
- Use a washing machine cleaner or descaler occasionally to remove mineral buildup in the hoses and pump.
- Check the hoses and connections for leaks or wear, and replace them.
- Avoid using hot water for every load, as it can damage the machine and use more energy.
- Schedule annual maintenance checkups with a professional technician to ensure the machine works well.
Looking for the best appliance repair and maintenance service?
Whether you're dealing with leaks, strange noises, or other issues, our team has the knowledge and experience to diagnose and fix the problem. We can also provide regular maintenance services, including cleaning and inspection, to help prevent future problems.