Dryers are an essential appliance in most households, making the task of drying clothes and linens convenient and efficient. However, it can be a big concern when it starts to make loud noises. Loud noises indicate a problem with the internal components and may impact its performance and efficiency.
In this article, we'll explore 7 common reasons why it makes loud noises and what to do to fix the issue. Whether you're dealing with a thumping sound, a rattling noise, or a grinding sound, this guide will help you identify the source of the problem and find a solution.
1. Worn Drum Bearings: If you are hearing a loud thumping noise, it could be due to worn drum bearings. Over time, these bearings can wear down from frequent use and create noise when the appliance runs. Lubricating the bearings often resolves this issue and reduces the sound.
2. Loose Parts: Dryers are full of small parts that may be easily knocked loose during regular use. If you hear a rattling noise, then it is likely caused by an item inside the machine that has shifted from its original position. Check for any screws or other components that may have come loose and tighten them back in place if necessary.
3. Clogged Vents: If your dryer is making a high-pitched squealing sound, then it could be due to clogged vents. Clogged and dirty vents will reduce the airflow within the machine, causing it to make strange noises as it struggles to complete its cycle. Make sure to regularly clean out any lint and debris that has built up in the vent piping.
4. Worn Belt: A worn belt is a common effect or grinding sound coming from a dryer. The belt helps rotate the drum during the drying cycle, and if it is worn or frayed, it may produce noise when in use. Replacing the belt should resolve this issue quickly and easily.
5. Damaged Motor: If it is making an abnormal sound, then it could be due to a damaged motor. Motors become worn down over time and may stop functioning properly if they are not replaced in a timely manner.
6. Malfunctioning Blower Wheel: The blower wheel helps move air through the machine's vent system, and if it is malfunctioning or obstructed, then it will likely produce loud sounds. Make sure to check the blower wheel for any blockages that could be reducing its performance and replace them if necessary.
7. Loose Drum Glides: Drum glides help reduce friction between the drum and other components, but when they become loose or worn out, they create noise as the drum rotates. Tighten any loose drum glides that you find to reduce the noise.
No Luck? Call Home Alliance Today To Fix Your Laundry Appliance!
Identifying and resolving a noisy dryer is challenging, but with the right knowledge and tools, it is possible to get the job done quickly and effectively. If you've followed the instructions above and it still makes noise, it's time to call the experts. But ask yourself, "who should I call for appliance repair and maintenance?" Home Alliance
is a well-known service provider for quality appliance repairs. We get your valuable laundry appliance up and running in no time. We have a team of highly skilled technicians with years of experience troubleshooting the issue and other more.
Don't let a broken dryer stop you from getting your laundry done - reach out to us today! Thanks to our industry-leading experience and expertise in the field, we get any service job done right the first time! Contact our friendly customer service team and get started! Discover the incredible advantage that comes with our exclusive membership plan