- Replace the air filter: A dirty or clogged filter can restrict airflow and reduce your AC's efficiency. Replace your air filter before the start of the summer season to ensure proper airflow and improve indoor air quality.
- Clean the outdoor unit: Dirt, debris, and leaves can accumulate on your AC's outdoor unit, reducing its efficiency and causing it to work harder. Clean the unit thoroughly and remove any obstructions to ensure proper airflow.
- Check the thermostat settings: Make sure your thermostat is set to the desired temperature and is functioning properly. Consider upgrading to a programmable thermostat to save energy costs and increase efficiency.
- Inspect the ductwork: Leaks or damage in your ductwork can cause your AC to work harder and decrease efficiency. Inspect your ductwork and have any necessary repairs made by a professional.
- Check the refrigerant levels: Low refrigerant levels can cause your AC to work harder and may lead to costly repairs. Have a professional inspect and refill your refrigerant levels if needed.
- Test the system: Turn on your AC and test it to ensure it's working properly. Call a professional to inspect and repair the system if you notice any strange sounds or issues.
- Clean the evaporator coil: Over time, the evaporator coil can become dirty and reduce your AC's efficiency. Clean the coil to improve airflow and increase efficiency.
- Clear the condensate drain: A clogged drain can cause water damage and reduce your AC's efficiency. Clear the drain to ensure proper drainage and prevent damage.
- Schedule a professional maintenance check: Regular maintenance is essential to keep your AC running efficiently and prevent breakdowns. Schedule a professional maintenance check before the start of the summer season.
- Consider upgrading to a more efficient unit: If your AC is old or inefficient, consider upgrading to a newer, more energy-efficient model. This can save you money on energy costs and improve indoor air quality.
Getting Your Air Conditioner Ready for Summer
Pros and Cons for Smart Home Appliances
Nowadays, everyone has a cutting-edge gadget in their home, whether it's a digital voice assistant, a doorbell that monitors visitors, or a thermostat that can ...
What to Do If Your Pipes Freeze
As the winter season blankets our surroundings in a serene layer of snow, it also brings with it the less picturesque challenge of frozen pipes. If you've ever ...
Troubleshooting a Tripped Breaker
Encountering a tripped breaker can disrupt your day and leave you scratching your head. In our latest blog, we dive into the nitty-gritty of troubleshooting thi...