- Stay indoors during storms: To protect yourself from electrical hazards during stormy weather, you should always take cover indoors. Power lines can fall due to severe winds and lightning strikes, posing a safety risk. To keep secure, locate a strong structure or a safe place inside your house.
- Avoid using electrical appliances: It is advisable to avoid using electrical appliances during storms, especially ones that are not surge-protected. Unplugging electronics such as TVs, computers, and kitchen appliances can guard against harm from power surges brought on by lightning strikes or broken power lines.
- Stay away from water: Since water is an excellent electrical conductor, it's crucial to stay away from any water during a storm. This includes avoiding areas inside your home that are damp, such as lakes and pools. It's also imperative to refrain from utilizing electrical appliances or gadgets in damp environments or with moist hands.
- Do not touch power lines: Never touch or try to move a fallen power line that you come across during or after a storm. Any downed electricity line should always be considered dangerous and live. Report the problem right away by getting in touch with emergency services or your local utility provider.
- Have a backup power source: It is important to have a backup power source, such as a generator or battery-powered equipment, in case of a power outage during stormy weather. This can supply vital electricity for necessities like lighting, phone charging, and running required medical equipment.
How can you stay safe from electrical hazards during a storm?
How to Choose the Right Kitchen Faucet for Your Home
Selecting the perfect kitchen faucet is a crucial decision in the journey to create your dream kitchen. Beyond functionality, it's about style, efficiency, and ...
20 Tips For Maintaining A Well-functioning Washing Machine
Welcome to our comprehensive guide on maintaining a well-functioning washing machine! Keeping your trusty appliance in top shape not only ensures clean clothes ...
Low Water Pressure in Faucets: Causes and Solutions
Are you tired of weak water flow every time you turn on the faucet? Low water pressure can be a daily annoyance that hampers your tasks and leaves you longing f...