Home appliances and parts are an essential part of our daily lives, and they play a critical role in making our homes comfortable and functional. However, like any machine, they eventually wear out, and it's essential to know how long they will last to plan replacement or repairs.
In this blog, we'll discuss how long should these kitchen appliances last. You'll learn handy tips and tricks on properly maintaining them, spot warning signs of a potential problem, what to do if a problem does arise, and so much more!
How Long Do Appliances Last?
Appliance life expectancy refers to the average time they are expected to function properly before needing to be replaced or repaired. Their lifespan can vary depending on some factors, namely usage, maintenance, and the brand. More information may be found below.
- How long do ovens last - On average, it has been known that between 13-15 years on how long should a stove last. Gas ovens typically have a longer lifespan than electric ovens, with an average lifespan of around 15 years. At the same time, electric ovens have an average lifespan of around 13 years. But to the question "how long does a stove usually last," the answer will depend on factors such as usage, maintenance, and the brand of the unit.
- How long does a stove last - A stove, also known as a range, has an average lifespan of around 15 years. Electric stoves typically have a longer lifespan than gas stoves, with an average lifespan of around 18 years. But how long does a gas stove last? They have an average lifespan of around 15 years.
- How long do refrigerators last - On average, refrigerators last between 10-15 years. The lifespan of a refrigerator can vary depending on factors such as usage, maintenance, and the brand of the refrigerator. With proper maintenance and regular cleaning, a refrigerator can last even longer than its expected lifespan.
Other appliances and system's life expectancy is as follows:
- Dishwashers: 10 years
- HVAC systems: 10-15 years for central air conditioning, 15-20 years for furnace
- Washers and dryers: 8-12 years
- Cooktops: 15-20 years
- Wine coolers: 8-10 years
- Freezers: 13-17 years
- Ice makers: 8-10 years
The Secrets to Prolonging the Life of Your Home's Appliances and Parts
Here are some tips and tricks to prolong the life of your appliances:
- Regular cleaning and maintenance: Regularly cleaning and maintaining them can help prolong their lifespan. And this includes cleaning the coils, gaskets, and condenser of your refrigerator, cleaning the oven interior and the heating elements, and ensuring that the burners, ignition systems, and gas connections of your stove are in good working order.
- Be gentle with appliances: Avoid slamming doors, overloading the washer or dryer, or slamming the dishwasher door. All these things can cause wear and tear on them, which can shorten their lifespan.
- Use appliances correctly: Following the manufacturer's instructions for use and care can help ensure that they are used correctly and can help prolong their lifespan.
- Use the right power supply: Make sure your kitchen units are plugged into the correct power supply and the voltage and wattage are correct.
- Address issues early: If you notice any issues, address them early to prevent them from becoming bigger and more costly problems.
- Keep appliances in a cool, dry place: Try to keep them in a cool, dry place to prevent them from overheating and malfunctioning.y
- Replace old appliances: If your units are old and no longer working efficiently, it may be time to replace them with newer, more energy-efficient models.
By following these tips and tricks, you can help prolong the lifespan of your kitchen appliances and parts and ensure they continue functioning properly for years to come.
8 Warning Signs That Could Indicate a Potential Problem
Here are some warning signs that could indicate a potential problem with your units:
- Strange noises: If you hear strange noises coming from the unit, such as banging, knocking, or rattling, it could signify that something is loose or malfunctioning.
- Leakage: If you notice any leakage from your units, such as water or gas leaks, it could be a sign of a problem and should be addressed immediately.
- Uneven heating or cooling: If it is not heating or cooling evenly, it could be a sign of a problem with the heating element or compressor.
- Excessive vibration: If it is vibrating excessively, it could indicate that something is out of balance or needs repair.
- Unusual odors: If you notice any unusual odors coming from your units, it could be a sign of a problem with the heating element, compressor, or other components.
- A sudden increase in energy bills: If you notice a sudden increase in your energy bills, it could be a sign that it is not working as efficiently as they should be.
- Difficulty starting: If it is having trouble starting, it could be a sign of a problem with the ignition system, electrical connections, or other components.
- Digital display malfunctioning: If the digital display of your units starts malfunctioning, it could be a sign of a problem with the electronic component.
If you notice any warning signs, addressing the problem as soon as possible is important to prevent it from becoming a more significant and costly issue. It's best to consult a professional technician at Home Alliance to diagnose and fix the problem.
What to Do If a Problem Does Arise?
If a problem does arise with one of your appliances, here are some steps you can take:
- Check the user manual: Consult the user manual for troubleshooting tips and to see if there are any simple solutions to the problem.
- Unplug the appliance: Unplug it to prevent further damage if it malfunctions.
- Contact the manufacturer: If the problem is related to a manufacturing defect or a warranty issue, contact the manufacturer for assistance.
- Keep records: Keep records of the problem, including the date, symptoms, and any actions you took to fix it. This information can be useful if you need to contact the manufacturer or a professional technician.
- Keep the appliance's model number and serial number handy: These numbers will be required when seeking assistance from a professional technician or the manufacturer.
- Don't try to fix it yourself: Attempting to fix it yourself, unless you are a professional or have the knowledge, can cause more harm than good.
- Replace the appliance if needed: If the problem can't be fixed or the repair cost is too high, it may be time to consider replacing it.
- Call a professional: Contact a technician to diagnose and fix the problem. Be sure to choose a reputable and experienced technician to ensure the repair is done correctly.
By following these steps, you can help ensure that the problem is addressed quickly and correctly and that your unit is back in working order as soon as possible. So for "how long do kitchen appliances last," it will only depend on how you care for them.
The 7 Benefits of Keeping a Regular Maintenance Schedule
Keeping a regular maintenance schedule for your valuable units can have many benefits, including the following:
- Increased efficiency: Regular maintenance can help keep them running at their most efficiently, saving you money on energy bills.
- Improved performance: Regular maintenance can help ensure that your units are performing at their best, which can help prolong their lifespan.
- Early problem detection: Regular maintenance can help identify potential problems early on before they become bigger and more costly issues.
- Cost savings: Regular maintenance can help prevent costly repairs and replacements in the future.
- Safety: Regular maintenance can help ensure that your units are safe to use and can help prevent hazards such as gas leaks, electrical fires, and carbon monoxide leaks.
- Warranty compliance: Some manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep a warranty valid. Regular maintenance can help ensure that the warranty is not voided.
- Better indoor air quality: Regular maintenance can help improve indoor air quality and reduce the risk of mold, bacteria, and other harmful pollutants.
Having a technician conduct maintenance on your faulty units can ensure that they are properly serviced and that any necessary repairs or replacements are made promptly. A regular maintenance schedule can help ensure that they are running at their best and can help prolong their lifespan.
Trust Home Alliance Today!
Are you ready to keep your home's appliances and parts running smoothly for years? Then contact Home Alliance for the helpful and professional assistance that you need! We guarantee complete satisfaction with all our appliance services, so know that you, your valuable appliances, and your home are in good hands! Please get started by booking our efficient appliance services to guarantee a fully functioning appliance again! We also do electrical services to ensure you have a fully functioning electrical system at home! Book us now!
Also, want to join our expanding team? Then contact us right away or click here! Be one of our experts now!