If you are looking to remodel your kitchen, read our cost guide for kitchen remodeling in Los Angeles! There are plenty of options, solutions, materials for your new kitchen but you need to follow some steps first!
Your kitchen is the heart of the house, it is the place where your family and friends gather and share happy moments. Kitchen remodeling though might be one of the most expensive home remodeling services. If you are seeking to remodel your kitchen, then it will be great to keep on reading this guide. It will help you get prepared for your remodeling project!
Complete kitchen remodeling can cost up to $50,000. This cost can include installing cabinets, appliances, kitchen countertops, etc. There are also many factors that a contractor takes into consideration as the size of your kitchen and the quality of materials.
You have many options when you choose to remodel a kitchen. You are available to:
- Install new, higher-end appliances
- Replace your countertops with granite material
- Install a completely new faucet and sink
- New cabinets installed
- Change the lighting of your kitchen or add extra
- Change the flooring of your kitchen
However, the best would be to discuss these terms with your kitchen designers as they will have available 3D renditions and you will be able to visualize your new kitchen.
How to prepare for your kitchen remodel
In this guide, we have prepared for you the steps you can follow before you start a kitchen remodeling project.
- Find a home remodeling contractor.
- Save some money as you may have unexpected expenses.
- If you can help your project, discuss it as this could lower the overall cost.
- Request for a plan and a timeline.
- Sign a contract.
Remodeling costs breakdown
- Design fees: 4%
- Installation: 17%
- Appliances and ventilation: 14%
- Cabinetry and hardware: 29%
- Countertops: 10%
- Lighting: 5%
- Flooring: 7%
- Doors and windows: 4%
- Walls and ceilings: 5%
- Faucets and plumbing: 4%
- Other: 1%
- Bamboo ($2,000 - $3,000)
- Concrete ($2,600 - $5,300)
- Laminate ($1,200 - $2,000)
- Paper composite ($90 - $130 per sq. ft.)
- Metal ($2,000 - $7,000)
- Recycled glass ($50 - $80 per sq. ft.)
- Solid surface (Formica, Corian, Wilsonart, Avonite) ($1,500 - $3,000)
- Stone (quartz, marble, soapstone, granite) ($4,000 - $7,000)
- Tile ($1,000 - $4,000)
- Wood ($2,000 - $7,000)
- Stock cabinets ($80 - $400)
- Semi-custom cabinets ($150 - $1,000)
- Custom cabinets ($500 - $1,500)
- Refaced cabinets ($4,500 - $9,100)
- Refinished cabinets ($1,400 - $3,500)
- Custom built-in appliances ($1,000 - $10,000)
- High-end store-bought appliances ($300 - $5,000)
- Budget outlet appliances ($100 - $2,000)
- Ceramic tile ($1,300)
- Cork ($3,000)
- Laminate ($2,500)
- Linoleum ($1,500)
- Stone ($1,400)
- Vinyl ($1,000)
- Wood (hardwood, engineered wood, bamboo) ($4,000)
You'll spend about $260 to $480 on average to install new faucets.
We present to you some types of kitchen faucets:
- Pot filler
- Bar & prep
- High or low arc
Cost factors you need to keep in mind!
There are 3 factors you need to keep in mind when you estimate the cost of kitchen remodels. Budget, longevity and neighborhood. When you are considering these factors, you will not have any unexpected plans and expenses.
This is the most important factor you need to consider when you are planning to do a kitchen remodel. A higher-end kitchen remodel should be around $50,000! If you don't plan your budget appropriately, there is a possibility to find yourself with unexpected expenses! For example, electrical, pest and structural problems, may come to arise.
The next important question you need to ask yourself is how long you are going to live in your house. If you don't plan to sell your house and you will live for the rest of your life, then you should consider a higher-end remodeling. You should consider replacing items like appliances, countertops, cabinets.
3. Plumbing & Electric
New plumbing & electrical installations, or any structural changes will most likely increase the total cost slightly. Please make sure with your contractor to inspect your kitchen very carefully to ensure a smooth workflow.
We hope that our guide for kitchen remodeling in Los Angeles has become very handy for you! Do not forget that the most important part of all, should be to choose a contractor you can trust and rely on.