Your refrigerator is the foundation of any household. This essential appliance preserves our food, providing us with sustenance day after day - that's why it can be incredibly alarming when your fridge isn't working as expected! However, don't despair; there are some simple steps you can take to fix it.
In this article, you'll uncover the most prevalent causes of a refrigerator ceasing to cool and also gain knowledge on how to rectify it. Regardless if your case is minor or major, our instructions will help get your fridge functioning again quickly.
10 Tips On How To Fix A Refrigerator Not Cooling
- Check the thermostat: Make sure the thermostat is set to the correct temperature and is working properly. If it's faulty, replace it.
- Clean the condenser coils: Dust and dirt buildup on the condenser coils causes the fridge to stop cooling. Make sure to use a vacuum or a coil cleaning brush to clean the coils.
- Check the door seals: Faulty or damaged door seals cause air to leak out. Inspect the seals for damage and replace them if necessary.
- Defrost the freezer: If the freezer is packed with ice, it blocks the airflow to the fridge. Defrost the freezer and remove any ice buildup.
- Check the evaporator fan: The fan circulates cool air throughout the fridge. If it's not working, the fridge won't cool properly. Check the fan and replace it if necessary.
- Clean the air vents: Blocked air vents prevent cool air from reaching the refrigerator. Clean the vents with a brush or vacuum.
- Check the condenser fan: The condenser fan cools the compressor. If it's not working, the fridge won't cool. Check the fan and replace it if necessary.
- Test the start capacitor: The start capacitor provides a boost of power to the compressor. If it's faulty, the compressor won't start. Test the capacitor and replace it if needed.
- Check the compressor: The compressor is the heart of the fridge. If it's faulty, the fridge won't work. Check the compressor and replace it if necessary.
- Call a professional: If you've tried all the above tips and your fridge isn't cooling, it's time to call professional technicians. They can diagnose and fix more complex issues.
In conclusion, dealing with this issue can be disheartening. But the good news is you don't have to give up on your appliance just yet! You could identify and address the issue independently or with an expert technician's assistance by simply following the tips listed above.
Who Can I Turn To For Refrigerator Repair and Replacement Services?
If you have attempted all of the suggested techniques above but are still encountering issues, contacting an expert for Home Alliance is advisable. Our experienced professionals have been helping customers with their refrigerators for years; they'll get the job done right without you having to spend too much of your valuable resources. Don't let yourself waste precious time and money; reach out to us now instead!
With just one comprehensive inspection, our skilled technicians can diagnose any issue with your refrigerator. Equipped with their expertise and specialized training, they can provide the quality appliance repairs you need. Don't hesitate to ask them questions - they have all the answers to help you decide whether it's better to repair a damaged component or simply replace your unit in dire cases. We offer services for various brands such as Viking, Sub-Zero, Thermador and even GE Monogram! So why wait? Book an appointment today, and let us take care of everything else!