- Adjust the temperature: Turn the temperature down to 120°F to save energy and reduce wear on your water heater.
- Test the T&P valve: To guarantee its proper operation, the temperature and pressure (T&P) relief valve must be examined on a yearly basis.
- Inspect for leaks: Inspect the water heater for any leaks or drips. Should signs of leakage be discovered, contact a certified plumber immediately to address the problem.
- Drain the Tank: It's crucial to drain your water heater tank at least once a year to prevent decreased efficiency and potential damage. This way, you can effectively remove any sediment buildup in the tank before it becomes a problem.
- Check the anode rod: Check the anode rod annually and replace it every five years. Doing this will prevent corrosion from damaging the tank.
- Insulate the tank and pipes: Insulating your unit and pipes can reduce heat loss, improve efficiency, and save money on energy bills.
- Clean the burner: For gas water heaters, keep the burner clean to ensure efficient combustion and reduce carbon buildup.
- Schedule professional maintenance: Book a professional plumber for regular maintenance to keep it running optimally and increase the longevity of its use.
- Don't ignore noises: To avoid extensive costs later on, consult a plumbing expert if your unit produces any strange noises.
- Test the thermostat: Test the thermostat to make sure it's accurately detecting and regulating the water temperature.
Water Heater Maintenance Tips: How To Extend The Life Of Your Unit
Prep Your Home For Spring
It's time to start thinking about preparing your home for spring. Spring is a season of renewal and rebirth, and it’s the perfect time to refresh your living sp...
Getting Your Air Conditioner Ready for Summer
With summertime swiftly approaching, the sweltering heat and high humidity can make your house feel like an oven. Like many, you probably rely on your air condi...
Are Smart Thermostats Worth It? A Comprehensive Guide
Enter the world of modern home comfort as we delve into "Are Smart Thermostats Worth It? A Comprehensive Guide." In the realm of home technology, smart thermost...