How to replace filter # 4396508 on Whirlpool refrigerator?
* Before you start, ensure safety by washing your hands thoroughly. It's also a good idea to turn off the ice maker to prevent any accidental dispensing of water during the replacement process.
Tools and Materials:
Gather the following tools and materials:
* Replacement water filter #4396508 (ensure it's compatible with your Whirlpool refrigerator)
* A container or towel (to catch any water that may drip during the replacement)
Locate the Water Filter:
* The water filter in most Whirlpool refrigerators is typically located in one of two places:
a. Inside the refrigerator compartment: It may be in the upper-right corner or the lower grille at the base of the fridge.
b. In the grille at the bottom of the refrigerator: This is common in some models with a front access panel.
* Check your refrigerator's user manual if you're unsure of the filter's location.
Prepare for Replacement:
* Place a container or towel under the filter to catch any water that may spill when removing it. This helps prevent any mess and minimizes the risk of water damage.
Remove the Old Water Filter:
* Twist the old water filter counterclockwise to unlock it from the filter housing. You may need to push a release button or turn a knob to unlock it, depending on your refrigerator model. As you turn it, you may hear a click or pop sound, indicating that it's releasing. Once unlocked, carefully pull the old filter straight out.
Dispose of the Old Filter:
* Properly dispose of the old filter following local regulations. Some areas have recycling programs for water filters, so you may want to check if that's an option for you.
Prepare the New Water Filter:
* Remove the new water filter from its packaging. It's a good practice to run some cold water through the filter for a few seconds to flush out any loose carbon particles and ensure proper flow.
Install the New Water Filter:
* Align the new filter with the filter housing and push it in. Turn the filter clockwise to lock it into place. You should feel it lock with a quarter-turn or until it stops. Make sure it's securely installed.
Flush the New Filter:
* To ensure proper water flow and eliminate any air trapped in the filter, dispense about 2-3 gallons (or around 6-7 minutes) of water through the refrigerator's water dispenser. This helps clear any air bubbles and ensures clean water.
Reset the Water Filter Indicator (if applicable):
* Some Whirlpool refrigerators have a water filter indicator that needs to be reset after replacing the filter. Refer to your refrigerator's user manual for specific instructions on how to reset the indicator. Typically, it involves holding down a button or pressing a specific combination of buttons.
Test the Water Dispenser and Ice Maker (if applicable):
* Verify that the water dispenser and ice maker (if your refrigerator has one) are working correctly. Dispense water and check for any leaks or irregularities.
Monitor for Leaks:
* Keep an eye on the area around the filter for a few hours after replacement to ensure there are no water leaks. If you notice any leaks, turn off the water supply to the refrigerator and double-check the filter installation.
By following these steps, you can successfully replace the water filter #4396508 in your Whirlpool refrigerator. Be sure to replace the filter at the recommended intervals to maintain water quality and the performance of your refrigerator's water and ice dispensing system. If you have any concerns or encounter any issues during the replacement process, consult your refrigerator's user manual or consider seeking assistance from a professional technician.
My boss has a membership with you guys for appliances and plumbing, and he asked me to call for a service that we need. The toilet has a broken handle for flushing, and the faucet handle needs replacing; we have the part all ready for the kitchen sink. Can we have a technician as soon as possible?
Is it okay to install the Amana Series air conditioner model AEL06LXL1 in a window without external support brackets for added security?
What should I do about a burst pipe?
What causes plumbing and drainpipes to rattle all the time?
What maintenance tasks should I perform regularly for my Coleman AC19 18 SEER2 Two Stage Air Conditioner?
How can I reset KitchenAid KUDE70FX machine?
Should I schedule regular maintenance for the York YXT 18 SEER2 Two Stage Air Conditioner, and how often?
Is it okay to install the Lennox ELO183 Oil Furnace indoors or outdoors?
I'm calling because you missed your calls. I wanted to know if you still need electrical services.
What should I do if an appliance continuously blows a fuse?
Reasons Your Lights Are Flickering At Home
With no warning, problems can arise in any home - one of which is the frequent flickering of lights. This issue is more than just a nuisance; it's also potentia...
How to Deal with Frozen Pipes: A Winter Survival Guide
As winter descends upon us, it brings with it a picturesque snowfall and the promise of cozy evenings by the fireplace. Yet, lurking beneath this wintry charm i...
Simple Things to Consider When Buying New Kitchen Appliances
In the heart of every home lies the kitchen, and at the core of this culinary haven are the appliances that make daily cooking a breeze. Understanding the signi...
Couldn't find the right question?
You can send your question to our support team. We'll get back to you as soon as possible