One of the most unpleasant things you experience in your home is opening your fridge and getting hit by a nasty smell. The fridge is supposed to keep your food fresh and healthy, but it can be a real problem when it starts to smell. The good thing is that there are many ways to get rid of and maintain this appliance smelling fresh and clean. This blog will discuss some simple tips and tricks to help you eliminate the smell.
Here are some tips:
1. Clean your fridge: The first step in removing the smell is cleaning it thoroughly. Remove all the shelves and drawers and wash them with warm soapy water. Also, do a mixture of baking soda and water to clean the interior of the fridge. It will absorb any smell and leave these appliances smelling fresh.
2. Check the temperature: If the temperature is too high, it may cause food to spoil and create odors. Check the temperature and make sure it is set to the recommended level of 35 to 38 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Keep your food covered: Leaving your food uncovered may cause it to release odors and contaminate other items, so make sure to cover it with airtight containers or plastic wrap.
4. Use activated charcoal: Activated charcoal is a natural odor absorber that can eliminate it. Place a small bowl of activated charcoal in your refrigerator and leave it for a few days. It will absorb any odors and leave your refrigerator smelling fresh.
5. Use baking soda: Baking soda is an odor neutralizer that can absorb unpleasant smells. Put an open box of baking soda on one of the shelves in your fridge and replace it every 2-3 months.
6. Use vinegar: Vinegar is a natural cleaning agent that helps eliminate it. Mix an equal amount of vinegar and water, and use a cloth to wipe down the interior of your refrigerator. It will kill any bacteria that is causing the problem.
7. Keep your fridge organized: Keeping it organized may help to prevent odors from developing in the first place. Make sure your food is properly labeled and stored in the correct place. It will help to prevent any cross-contamination between different types of food.
8. Use essential oils: Essential oils are a natural way to eliminate odors and leave your refrigerator smelling fresh. Put small drops of your favorite essential oil on a cotton ball and place them in your refrigerator or mix a small drop of essential oil with water in a bottle spray and use it to clean your refrigerator.
Getting rid of the issues may be challenging, but with a little effort and the appropriate tools, you can have it smelling fresh and spotless in no time. If you have done all the tips above but are still dealing with the same issues, it might be a good idea to contact a professional. A technician can check and do some maintenance service and ensure everything is in order.
Who should I call for refrigerator repair and maintenance service?
Home Alliance is the best appliance repair and maintenance service in town. Our licensed technicians have years of experience and are always ready to provide you with prompt and affordable appliance repair
service. We use quality parts and the latest tools and equipment in doing the service, and all of our work is fully guaranteed. Contact us
to schedule an appointment and get your appliance back in top shape.