As summer approaches, it's time to start thinking about your central AC system and how to keep it running smoothly throughout the season. One critical component of AC maintenance is the air filter, which plays a vital role in ensuring that your AC is running efficiently and keeping your indoor air quality at its best. This blog will explore how often you should change your central AC air filter during summer and the signs you need to change it.
Signs that Your AC Filter Needs to Be Changed During Summer
As the sweltering summer days approach, it's paramount to ensure your cooling system is running efficiently to ensure your home remains comfortable. The air filter in this intricate machine plays a vital role and should be changed regularly for optimal performance of the AC unit. Here are some tell-tale signs that you need to change it:
- Reduced airflow: If your airflow is reduced or weak, it could indicate that the filter is clogged with dirt and dust, reducing airflow through the system.
- Increased energy bills: If your energy bills have increased, your AC system might be working harder than usual due to a dirty filter.
- Poor indoor air quality: If you notice more dust or allergens in the air, it could mean that the filter is not properly filtering the air, and it's time for a replacement.
- Unpleasant odors: If you notice unpleasant odors coming from your AC, it could be a sign that it's dirty and it's time to replace it.
- Visible dirt and debris: If you can visibly see dirt and debris on it, it's time to replace it.
- Allergies or respiratory issues: If you or anyone in your household experiences allergies or respiratory issues, a dirty AC filter could be exacerbating the problem, and it's time to replace it.
How Often to Change Your Central AC Air Filter During Summer?
The frequency of air filter changes for your central AC depends on several factors, including the type of filter you use, the level of usage, and the indoor air quality in your home. In general, it's recommended that you change your AC filter every 1-3 months during the summer months. However, if you have pets, allergies, or live in an area with high levels of pollution, you may need to change it more frequently to maintain good indoor air quality.
Checking Your AC Filter
To keep your air conditioning system running smoothly and cost-effectively, it is imperative to inspect the AC filter each month and replace it when necessary. A dirty air filter can reduce airflow, making your AC system work harder, resulting in costly energy bills and repairs down the line if not addressed quickly. Here's how you can check:
- Locate the air intake grille on your AC system, which is usually located near the thermostat.
- Remove the grille and slide out the filter.
- Hold the filter up to a light source and check for clogs or debris. If it is dirty, it's time to replace it.
All in all, changing your air conditioner filter during the summer is essential for a cozy and healthy living space. Changing it every one to three months, plus examining it regularly, can improve indoor air quality while decreasing energy expenses and deterring costly AC repairs. Adding this task to your yearly maintenance plan will guarantee that you have an enjoyable season free of stress - so be sure not to forget!
Quick HVAC Repair Near Me Guaranteed!
When you're looking for the best air conditioning repair and maintenance services near you, Home Alliance
is your go-to. Our highly trained and certified technicians offer dependable service that will leave your HVAC system in top condition. Plus, we make sure that all of our services are priced competitively so you can get the maximum value for your money. Don't put off attaining the peace of mind that Home Alliance delivers. Get your air conditioning serviced today! Reach out to us now to find out more about our HVAC repair services
plan, so you can begin securing your comfort and safety instantly.