How do I troubleshoot and reset error codes on the Noritz NC199 DVC tankless water heater?
Important Note: Before attempting any troubleshooting or resetting procedures, ensure your safety by turning off the gas supply and electrical power to the water heater.
1. Identify the Error Code:
The first step in troubleshooting is to identify the specific error code displayed on your Noritz NC199-DVC unit. The error code will be displayed on the digital control panel. These error codes can range from simple issues like a blocked vent to more complex problems with sensors or components.
2. Refer to the Error Code Manual:
Consult the water heater's user manual or the error code manual provided by Noritz. These resources will provide a detailed list of error codes and their corresponding explanations. Look up the error code you've encountered to understand the issue.
3. Check for Obvious Issues:
Some error codes may indicate straightforward issues that you can address without professional assistance. For example, if you receive an error related to an exhaust blockage, you can visually inspect the venting system for obstructions or damage.
4. Reset the Water Heater:
In some cases, a simple reset of the water heater may clear the error code. To reset the Noritz NC199-DVC:
* Turn off the electrical power and gas supply to the unit.
* Wait for a few minutes to allow the system to reset.
* Turn the gas supply and electrical power back on.
5. Perform Basic Maintenance:
Regular maintenance can prevent some error codes from occurring. Clean or replace air filters, inspect the combustion chamber, and ensure proper venting to reduce the risk of common issues.
6. Address Common Error Codes:
Here are some common error codes you might encounter and their potential solutions:
* Error Code 11 (No ignition): Check the gas supply, igniter, and flame rod. Make sure the gas valve is open.
* Error Code 12 (Flame loss): Check for obstructions in the venting system and ensure proper venting.
* Error Code 90 (Combustion abnormality): Check for blockages, inspect the burner assembly, and verify proper gas pressure.
* Error Code 29 (Flow adjustment): Check for insufficient flow or pressure from the incoming water supply.
7. Record Error Codes: If the error code persists after troubleshooting, make a note of the code and any additional details. This information will be helpful if you need to contact Noritz customer support or a professional technician for assistance.
8. Contact Noritz Customer Support: If you've followed the troubleshooting steps and the error code persists, it's advisable to contact Noritz customer support or a qualified technician. Provide them with the error code and any relevant information about the issue you've encountered.
9. Schedule Professional Service: If the issue is beyond your ability to resolve or involves complex components or sensors, it's best to schedule a service appointment with a licensed technician who specializes in tankless water heaters. They can diagnose and repair the problem effectively.
10. Preventive Maintenance: To reduce the likelihood of error codes and ensure the continued efficiency of your Noritz NC199-DVC, consider scheduling regular maintenance by a professional technician. Routine checks and maintenance can help identify and address potential issues before they become major problems.
In summary, troubleshooting and resetting error codes on the Noritz NC199-DVC tankless water heater involves identifying the error code, consulting the user manual, performing basic maintenance, and contacting Noritz customer support or a technician when necessary. Regular maintenance and timely addressing of error codes can help ensure your tankless water heater operates smoothly and efficiently.
Can I switch between natural gas and propane fuel sources on a Rinnai RL Model Series tankless water heater, like the RL75eP, if needed?
What size bowl does the KitchenAid Artisan 325-watt mixer have?
Is it worth replacing my older Bryant Legacy series heat pump with a newer model?
How much does it cost to replace the blower motor in my Goodman AVPTC variable-speed air handler?
Where is your location? I'm trying to find someone to come in. One of my resident's garbage disposal is clogged and not working. And now, water is overflowing from the pipes underneath. Can you guys come over as soon as possible?
We're having an issue with our Thermador oven microwave. The microwave hasn't worked for years. We're trying to see if someone can take a look at it and how much it would cost.
Should I repair or replace old equipment?
What is more 500ml or 1 Litre?
Is it worth upgrading to a Bryant Preferred series air conditioner for better energy efficiency?
Why does my Amana dishwasher have standing water?
10 Healthy HVAC Practices For The Year 2023
Worried about the air quality circulating in your home? Do you want to save money on your energy bills while reducing your carbon footprint? Look no further tha...
The Ultimate Guide on How to Efficiently Sort Your Laundry
Laundry day can often feel like a daunting task, with piles of clothes seemingly multiplying before your eyes. But fear not! With our comprehensive guide, you'l...
Basic Safety Tips to Consider When Looking for Circuit Breakers
Welcome to our blog, where safety meets electricity! If you're delving into the world of electrical circuits and power distribution, understanding the basics of...
Couldn't find the right question?
You can send your question to our support team. We'll get back to you as soon as possible