How long can a refrigerator lay on its back?
1. Compressor Oil: Refrigerators contain a compressor that circulates refrigerant and compressor oil throughout the system. When a refrigerator is laid on its back, there is a risk of the compressor oil flowing into the refrigerant lines, potentially causing issues when the refrigerator is turned back upright. This can lead to compressor damage or reduced cooling efficiency.
2. Cooling System: The cooling system of a refrigerator is designed to work optimally when the refrigerator is in an upright position. When a refrigerator is laid on its back, it can disrupt the flow of refrigerant, affecting the performance of the cooling system.
3. Evaporator Coil: The evaporator coil, located inside the refrigerator, plays a crucial role in cooling the unit. When a refrigerator is laid on its back, there is a risk of damage to the delicate evaporator coil due to pressure or impact.
If it is necessary to transport a refrigerator or perform repairs that require temporarily laying it on its back, there are some guidelines to minimize potential damage:
* Keep the duration as short as possible. Avoid leaving the refrigerator on its back for more than a couple of hours if feasible.
* When transporting, secure the refrigerator properly to prevent movement and minimize the risk of damage.
* When the refrigerator is returned to an upright position, it is advisable to wait for a few hours before plugging it in. This allows any compressor oil that may have migrated to settle back to its proper location.
It's important to consult the manufacturer's guidelines or the user manual specific to your refrigerator model for any recommendations or precautions regarding transporting or tilting the unit. Following the manufacturer's instructions will help ensure the longevity and proper functioning of your refrigerator.
Do I need to replace an outlet if the plug is loose?
What is download cycle on lg dishwasher?
My name is Maddy Carter. And I received a message from a social worker. I've been trying to find a place for a son of mine that has an early stage of Alzheimer's. I don't know if I called the right number since she sent a list of numbers to call.
Why does the Frigidaire microwave have two thermal fuses?
How to replace thermador double oven control board
How do I fix a garbage disposal?
How to fix a leaky cartridge faucet?
Does Frigidaire have black stainless steel?
How to fix an Amana Tandem 7300 dryer belt?
How to reset Miele dishwasher cycle?
5 Tips How To Help Your Dishwasher Live Longer
The average dishwasher costs over $200, so it's not a cheap purchase even though it can save you a lot of time and energy. Dishwashers usually last between 8-15...
10 Plumbing Issues That Will Put You On The Naughty List
Before Santa brings your holiday cheer, why not give your property's plumbing a special gift? Ensuring your water system is in prime condition during the holida...
5 Reasons Why A Heater Smells Like Burning
Have you ever turned on your heat and noticed a strange burning smell? If so, you're not alone. Many homeowners experience heater smells like burning when first...
Couldn't find the right question?
You can send your question to our support team. We'll get back to you as soon as possible