Ask us anything

How much does the Rheem R802V UH Endeavor Line Classic Plus Series Gas Furnace cost, and is it energy-efficient?

Here is some general information about the Rheem R802V UH Endeavor Line Classic Plus Series Gas Furnace, including its cost and energy efficiency. However, please be aware that prices and specific product details can change over time, and you should consult local HVAC dealers or the Rheem website for the most current and accurate information.

Rheem R802V UH Endeavor Line Classic Plus Series Gas Furnace Overview:
The Rheem R802V UH is a gas furnace designed for residential heating. It belongs to Rheem's Classic Plus Series and is known for its reliability and performance. The "V" in the model number indicates that it is a variable-speed furnace, which can offer more precise control and improved energy efficiency compared to single-speed models.

Cost of the Rheem R802V UH Gas Furnace:
The cost of the Rheem R802V UH gas furnace can vary widely based on several factors, including the specific model and size, the efficiency rating (measured by the Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency or AFUE), installation requirements, labor costs, and any additional components or features you may choose. You can generally expect the initial cost of this furnace to range from approximately $1,800 to $4,000 or more, including installation.
The wide cost range reflects the fact that furnace prices can differ significantly depending on the region, the HVAC contractor you choose, and any additional work or components needed for installation. To get an accurate estimate for your specific situation, it's advisable to request quotes from local HVAC professionals. They can assess your home's heating needs, recommend an appropriate furnace size and model, and provide a detailed quote that includes installation costs.

Energy Efficiency of the Rheem R802V UH Gas Furnace:
The energy efficiency of the Rheem R802V UH gas furnace can vary depending on the specific AFUE rating of the model you choose. AFUE is a measure of how efficiently a furnace converts fuel into heat. Higher AFUE ratings indicate greater energy efficiency.
Furnaces in the Classic Plus Series, including the R802V UH, are designed to be energy-efficient. They often come with AFUE ratings ranging from 80% to 96%. The exact AFUE rating will depend on the specific model within the R802V UH series.

Here's a general breakdown of AFUE ratings and what they mean for energy efficiency:
1. 80% AFUE: This rating indicates that the furnace converts 80% of the fuel into usable heat, with the remaining 20% lost as exhaust. While 80% AFUE is less efficient compared to higher ratings, it can still provide cost-effective heating for many homes.
2. 90%+ AFUE: Furnaces with AFUE ratings of 90% or higher are considered high-efficiency models. They convert 90% or more of the fuel into heat, resulting in lower energy consumption and reduced heating costs.
3. Variable-Speed Operation: The "V" in the Rheem R802V UH model name indicates variable-speed operation. Variable-speed furnaces can adjust their output to match the heating needs of your home more precisely, increasing efficiency and comfort.

To determine the energy efficiency and AFUE rating of a specific Rheem R802V UH model, you should consult the product documentation or inquire with the manufacturer or a Rheem dealer. It's worth noting that investing in a more energy-efficient furnace can lead to long-term energy savings and potentially offset the higher upfront cost.
Connect to virtual expert

Our virtual experts can diagnose your issue and resolve simple problems.