How to replace belt on Whirlpool Imperial dryer?
Tools and Materials You'll Need:
* Replacement dryer belt compatible with your Whirlpool Imperial dryer model.
* Screwdriver (usually a Phillips or Torx screwdriver, depending on your dryer model).
* Putty knife or similar flat tool.
* Needle-nose pliers.
* Work gloves.
* Safety goggles.
Before you begin, always prioritize safety:
* Disconnect the dryer from the electrical outlet to ensure there is no power supply during the repair.
* Use work gloves and safety goggles to protect your hands and eyes from any sharp edges or debris.
Unplug the Dryer: Start by disconnecting the dryer from the electrical outlet to ensure your safety.
Access the Dryer Cabinet:
* Depending on your dryer model, you may need to remove the dryer's top panel or front panel to access the interior.
* For most Whirlpool dryers, you can remove the top panel by removing the screws located at the back of the panel. * Once the screws are removed, slide the panel back and lift it off.
* Alternatively, some models have a hinged top panel that can be propped open without removing any screws.
* If your dryer has a front panel, you'll typically need to remove screws from the top corners of the front panel. Once the screws are removed, carefully pull the front panel forward and lift it off its retaining clips. Set the front panel aside.
Remove the Old Belt:
* You'll likely need to access the dryer drum by removing the front bulkhead. This is the part that surrounds the drum.
* Locate the belt tensioner, which is a small pulley located near the motor.
* Release the tension on the old belt by pushing or pulling the tensioner away from the belt. This will loosen the belt, allowing you to remove it from the motor pulley and the drum.
* Once the old belt is detached, you can lift the drum out of the dryer cabinet. Take care not to damage the drum during this process.
Install the New Belt:
* Place the new dryer belt around the drum in the same position as the old one. The grooved side of the belt should rest against the drum.
* Reinstall the drum into the dryer cabinet, ensuring that it sits on the rear drum support rollers or felt seal (depending on your dryer model).
Reattach the Belt to the Motor Pulley:
* Reach underneath the drum and locate the motor pulley and belt tensioner.
* Loop the new belt around the motor pulley and the tensioner.
* Use needle-nose pliers to help you route the belt through the tensioner and around the motor pulley. Apply tension to the tensioner to ensure the belt is securely in place.
Reassemble the Dryer:
* Reverse the steps you took to disassemble the dryer. This typically involves reattaching the front bulkhead or front panel and securing it with the screws.
* If you removed the top panel, reattach it by sliding it into place and securing it with the screws.
Test the Dryer:
* Before plugging the dryer back into the electrical outlet, manually rotate the drum to ensure the belt is properly seated and aligned.
* Plug the dryer back in and run a test cycle to ensure that the drum turns smoothly and that the new belt functions correctly.
* After testing, double-check for any loose components or screws that may have been left behind during reassembly.
* Once you're confident that everything is properly reassembled, your Whirlpool Imperial dryer should be ready for use with the new belt installed.
Replacing the belt on your Whirlpool Imperial dryer can help restore proper function if your dryer's drum is no longer rotating. Remember to refer to your dryer's specific model manual for any model-specific instructions or considerations. If you're not comfortable with the repair process, it's always a good idea to consult a professional appliance technician for assistance.
Should I program my universal remote control for the Amana Series air conditioner model AEL06LXL1, and how can I do it?
I've got a Samsung washer that needs repairs. I was hoping there's a technician available to come out and help me fix it. It keeps leaking water from somewhere. Every time we run it, water is everywhere under the machine, and we cannot find it.
How often should HVAC filters be replaced?
How many springs does an Amana washing machine tumbler have?
What size is a number 7 drill?
What should be the guidelines for maintaining the exterior stainless steel finish on Wolf appliances?
How to replace filter # 4396508 on whirlpool refridgerator?
WHEN WILL YOU BE ABLE TO DO THE WORK?
I was calling to see if the service guy is coming to my house today because I know you guys ordered the parts, and it was supposed to come in today.
What should be the proper gas line size for a Rinnai RU Model Series tankless water heater, such as the RU160iN?
5 Commonly Encountered Electrical Installation Problems
Electrical installations are critical to modern living, from lighting up our homes to powering our devices. However, as electrical systems become more complex, ...
Troubleshooting Your Ice Maker: Common Problems and Solutions
Is your ice maker giving you the cold shoulder? We understand the frustration that comes with a faulty ice maker, especially when you're hosting a gathering or ...
5 Warning Signs Your Air Ducts Need Repairs
Is the air quality in your home not quite up to par? Are you noticing strange noises or a decrease in the efficiency of your HVAC system? It might be time to ta...
Couldn't find the right question?
You can send your question to our support team. We'll get back to you as soon as possible