How to replace the microwave's charcoal filter in the Spacemaker Series over-the-range microwave model JVM3160RFSS?
1. Safety Precautions:
* Ensure the microwave is unplugged or disconnected from the power source before starting the replacement.
2. Gather Necessary Tools:
* You'll need a Phillips-head screwdriver and the replacement charcoal filter.
3. Locate the Filter:
* Access the charcoal filter by opening the microwave door and looking for the filter's location.
* In most over-the-range microwaves like the JVM3160RFSS, the filter is situated above the range, behind the grill or vent at the top of the microwave.
4. Remove the Grill/Vent Cover:
* Use the Phillips-head screwdriver to remove any screws securing the grill or vent cover in place. Set the screws aside for reassembly.
5. Access the Charcoal Filter:
* Once the grill or vent cover is removed, you should be able to access the charcoal filter. It's typically located just behind the opening where the air is drawn in.
6. Remove the Old Filter:
* Carefully slide the old charcoal filter out from its housing. It may be held in place by clips or tabs, so gently release them as needed.
7. Dispose of the Old Filter:
* Properly dispose of the old charcoal filter according to local regulations and recycling guidelines.
8. Prepare the New Filter:
* Remove any packaging or plastic wrap from the new charcoal filter.
9. Install the New Charcoal Filter:
* Slide the new filter into the same housing where you removed the old one. Ensure it's positioned correctly, and any tabs or clips hold it securely in place.
10. Reattach the Grill/Vent Cover:
* Carefully reattach the grill or vent cover by aligning it with the microwave and securing it with the previously removed screws.
11. Tighten Screws Securely:
* Ensure the screws are tightened securely, but avoid over-tightening to prevent damage.
12. Power On:
* Plug the microwave back in or turn on the circuit breaker to restore power.
13. Test the Microwave:
* Run a quick test by heating a cup of water for a minute or two to ensure the microwave is functioning correctly after the filter replacement.
14. Keep Records:
* Keep a record of the replacement date for future reference and maintenance.
Replacing the charcoal filter in your Spacemaker Series microwave is a relatively simple process that helps maintain clean air while cooking. If you have any concerns or questions during the replacement, refer to the microwave's user manual or contact the manufacturer for assistance.
how often to clean a maytag dishwasher
How to replace the igniter in the York TM8V 80% AFUE Two Stage Variable Speed Furnace?
how do you replace a w10251384 maytag washer knob
Does Goodman offer extended warranties for their high-efficiency furnace models?
How to replace thermocouple on A.O. Smith gas hot water heater?
How can I flush the heat exchanger on my Takagi TK-110U-E unit?
How can I tell I need an air duct cleaning?
Where is the reset button for Kenmore upright vacuum model 116-31140311?
How to replace the fan motor in my Lennox SLP99V Variable-Capacity Gas Furnace?
How much water does a hose put out per hour?
Home Office Ergonomics: Winter Edition
To keep your home office comfortable and productive during the winter, you must winterize it. You can design a workstation that supports concentrated work by ma...
10 Common Causes of Leaking Pipes and How to Address Them
Water can also be a source of frustration and headaches when it starts leaking from our pipes. Leaks not only waste this precious resource but also cause damage...
How to Prevent Pipe Freezing and Avoid Costly Damages
As winter descends, its icy fingers can reach into the heart of your home, causing frozen pipes and potentially catastrophic damage. The last thing you want is ...
Couldn't find the right question?
You can send your question to our support team. We'll get back to you as soon as possible