How to replace the water filter in the Profile Series refrigerator model PFE28PBLTS?
1. Identify the Filter Type:
* Ensure you have the correct replacement filter. The Profile Series refrigerator model PFE28PBLTS typically uses the GE RPWFE water filter. Purchase a genuine GE RPWFE replacement filter for compatibility and quality.
2. Turn Off the Water Supply:
* Locate the water supply valve behind or beneath your refrigerator and turn it clockwise to shut off the water supply. This step ensures no water spills during the filter replacement.
3. Locate the Old Filter:
Inside the refrigerator compartment, the water filter is usually situated in the upper right-hand corner.
4. Remove the Old Filter:
* Rotate the old water filter counterclockwise (left) until it releases. You might need to apply some force to break the seal. As you turn it, be prepared for a small amount of water to drip out.
5. Prepare the New Filter:
* Before installation, remove any protective caps or seals from the new filter.
6. Install the New Filter:
* Insert the new filter into the filter housing with the arrow on the filter pointing upwards.
* Rotate the filter clockwise (right) until it locks into place. Apply firm pressure to ensure a secure fit.
7. Flush the Water Dispenser:
* To activate the new filter and remove air from the system, dispense about 2-3 gallons of water through the water dispenser. This process helps eliminate air bubbles and ensures clean water.
8. Reset the Filter Indicator (if applicable):
* If your refrigerator has a filter indicator light, reset it to monitor the filter's lifespan accurately. Consult your refrigerator's user manual for instructions on resetting the indicator.
9. Check for Leaks:
* Examine the area around the new filter for any signs of leaks. If you notice water leaks, turn off the water supply, recheck the filter installation, and try again.
10. Turn On the Water Supply:
* Rotate the water supply valve counterclockwise (left) to restore the water supply to the refrigerator.
11. Run a Dispensing Test:
* Dispense water from the refrigerator's water dispenser and check for any irregularities. This ensures the new filter is functioning correctly.
12. Record the Installation Date:
* Record the date of the filter replacement on a sticker or calendar. GE recommends replacing the RPWFE filter every six months for optimal water quality.
13. Properly Dispose of the Old Filter:
* Follow local disposal guidelines for used water filters. Many areas have recycling programs for water filter cartridges. If not, dispose of the old filter responsibly.
14. Keep the User Manual Handy:
* Store the user manual in an accessible location for future reference, including filter replacement reminders and troubleshooting tips.
Using a genuine GE RPWFE water filter ensures clean and safe drinking water from your refrigerator. Follow these steps carefully to replace the filter, and consult your refrigerator's user manual for any model-specific instructions or additional maintenance recommendations.
How to fix handle on Amana freezer?
how to reset sub zero 611 ec error code
I had guys come over to my house earlier today for repairs. We needed freon, and we needed to know which one we used in the past. We didn't have that answer at the time of the service, but we have it now. My question is, should they come back tomorrow or whenever they are next available. I wanted to make sure that the fee is applied to the work we need to do.
How can I integrate additional Carrier 40GRQ ductless split units into my existing HVAC system for more precise zone control in my building?
What should be done if there's a refrigerant leak detected in my Goodman air conditioner?
Should I inspect the ductwork regularly in my building, and if so, how often, to identify potential air leaks or efficiency issues with my Carrier Weather Series rooftop units?
The gentleman that came to my house yesterday to fix my Sub Zero refrigerator left me with this bill, and on the bill, it says all the brands and etc. Anyway, it doesn't seem to be working as a Sub Zero should. Yes, it is getting cold, but I actually think that we should replace the part that he recommended to get it working to all levels. Can you get me a price for replacing the thermostat and the starter relay and the labor?
how do i reset my sub zero refrigerator
What are the three most common types of GFCI used today?
How to reset the filter light on Frigidaire dehumidifier?
5 Signs Your Stove Needs Repair
Is your kitchen's unsung hero, the stove, sending out distress signals? Every chef's trusted companion, the stove, can sometimes go unnoticed until it starts di...
How to Fix a Clothes Dryer That Isn't Drying
A clothes dryer is a modern convenience that many of us can't imagine living without. It's a trusty companion in our daily laundry routine, efficiently turning ...
10 Signs That Your HVAC System Needs Repair
Is your HVAC system giving you the silent treatment or acting up in unusual ways? Don't let it leave you in the cold (or heat)! Your comfort depends on a proper...
Couldn't find the right question?
You can send your question to our support team. We'll get back to you as soon as possible